Bomgaars BLOG: Which weed control should be used?
Posted on 05/25/2021 at 06:00 AM by Kris Kegerize
Which weed control should be used?
In determining which weed control to use, first determine which weeds you have. A weed is a plant growing where it is not wanted and usually in competition with desired plants.
All weeds fall into two categories:
take a leaf and turn it over. If there is a main vein and veins branching off the main vein it is a broadleaf weed, i.e. dandelion.
Grassy weeds –
if all the veins are parallel then it’s a grassy weed.
Looking at the retail shelf weed controls are classified the same way. Some control broadleaf weeds, some grassy weeds and others all weeds.
Bonide KleenUP® weed and grass killer is a tough, fast acting water-based weed control that kills all plants and their roots.
Bonide KleenUP® is great for preparing flower and vegetable gardens, ornamental planting areas, under trees, driveways, sidewalks, patios, lawn renovation and multi-purpose weed control.
Bonide KleenUP® comes in ready-to-use and concentrate formulations. For best results:
- Apply to actively growing weeds, early in season is best
- Apply when air is calm to prevent drift to desirable plants
- Apply when rain is not expected within 24 hours
- Apply on sunny days for best absorption into the weeds
- Allow 7 days for product to circulate in the plants before mowing or cultivating
- Wait 7 days to seed lawn or sod
On Sale THIS WEEK at BOMGAARS - Prices Good May 25 - May 31, 2021
Categories: B-Mail Blog