Bomgaars Blog: Purina Strategy
Posted on 07/18/2019 at 09:26 AM by Kris Kegerize
Professional Formula GX
Pelleted Horse Feed
Designed for all Ages and Lifestyles
One diet. Multiple lifestyles. Strategy® GX Professional Formula horse feed is as simple and as complex as that. Simple, because the perfected-over-time formula provides 100% of the required protein, vitamins and minerals for a wide variety of horses in your barn, when fed as directed.* While there will always be individual horses with specialized nutrition and management needs, Strategy® GX meets the nutritional needs of the vast majority of horses with a single formulation. So even when your horses are in different stages of breeding or development and varying levels of performance, Strategy® GX delivers complex, balanced nutrition in a simplified feeding program.
Complex, because over the past 12+ years, Purina Animal Nutrition Center researchers have fed Strategy® GX almost 20,000 times in feeding trials and research studies to optimize palatability, growth, exercise performance, and manufacturing quality. The results and resulting optimizations make Strategy® GX the unbeatable formula it is today.
Formula Built and Balanced
by PhD Equine Nutritionists
- Protein that Performs. High quality protein sources and amino acids deliver a balanced profile that supports foal development, milk production, muscle growth & development and high-level performance.
- Designed for Healthy Appearance. Added fat and balanced nutrients support optimal body condition and shiny, healthy-looking haircoats.
- Controlled Starch and Sugars. More calories from fat and fibers provides multiple fuel sources to support overall health.
Formulated with Outlast® Supplement for Gastric Health and Proper pH
- Strategy® GX contains the same unique gastric support ingredients found in Outlast® supplement, which support gastric balance to give you and your horse the confidence to perform.
Exceptional Palatability for Consistent Nutrient Intake
- Tasted and Tested. Hundreds of feeding trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center and in the field confirm exceptional palatability.
- Top Quality Ingredients. Only ingredients that meet our stringent quality criteria make it into our mills and feed bags. Any shipment that doesn’t meet or exceed our standards is turned away.
*When fed as directed, with free-choice or added salt, based on Nutrient Requirements of Horses.Sixth Revised Edition – 2007, published by the National Research Council.®
Outlast® Supplement is Formulated to Support Gastric Health & Proper pH
It is estimated that up to 90% of active horses experience gastric discomfort, affecting health, attitude, and performance. Testing in a simulated gastric environment shows Outlast® supplement:
ACTS FASTER | LASTS LONGER | OUTPERFORMS
* This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, reduce the feeding rate of Strategy® GX horse feed by 1.0 lb for every additional 2.0 lbs of hay fed.
** Do not feed less than 0.3 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight per day for mature horses or 0.75 lbs per 100 lbsof body weight per day for yearlings. If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, then you should replace Strategy® GX horse feed with Purina® Enrich Plus® ration balancing feed.
*** Use lower feeding rate for moderate growth rate and the higher feeding rate to support more rapid growth.
If changing to Purina® Strategy® GX horse feed:
1. Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
2. Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
3. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
GUARANTEE Purina appreciates your business. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the quality of the product, please return it to your authorized Purina® retailer for replacement or a full refund. The product guarantee only honors the original purchaser of Purina® products who buy the products directly from an authorized Purina® retailer.
To learn more, visit www.purinamills.com/horse-feed or call 800-227-8941
Categories: B-Mail Blog